What is it exactly that makes a road bike female specific? We’ve looked at tons of best road bikes for women out there and have come up with the best for this year.
Whether you’re a beginner or have been cruising on asphalt for a while now, it’s absolutely important to get a bike that will give you the best road biking experience.
10 Best Women Road Bikes Comparison
|Giordano Libero 1.6|
|Entry level bike||Check On Amazon|
|Schwinn Phocus||Road bicycle|| Check On Amazon|
|Tour de Cure||Racing bicycle||Check on Amazon|
|Vilano Classic||Single speed bike||Check on Amazon|
|Dynacraft Speed Alpine||Road/Mountain bike||Check on Amazon|
|Sixthreezero||City Bike||Check on Amazon|
|Raleigh Bikes||Endurance bike||Check on Amazon|
|Diamondback Airen||Multi speed||Check on Amazon|
|Gama Bikes||Hybrid commuter bike||Check on Amazon|
|Diamondback Hannjenn||Metro road bike||Check On Amazon|
Best Road Bikes For Women Reviews
We understand that buying a bike is an extremely personal decision, and you need to take a few other things into consideration apart from just the cost. We’ve given you an easy guide to follow to help you choose the best women road bikes that will fit you and whatever your needs may be.
1. Giordano Libero 1.6 White/Pink Women’s Road Bike – 700c
If you’re looking for a first-time road bike, look no further. The Giordano Libero is one of the best entry-level bikes in the market right now. The bike frame and components are made of high-quality materials that will come in handy as you use this bike more and more.
- This bike is made with the lightweight handcrafted aluminum frame. Most women prefer to have bicycles that are lightweight since heavier bikes are more difficult to maneuver. The Giordano Libero is made of aluminum, so it’s durable as well.
- It uses a 16-speed Shimano shifter. Shimano is the world’s top manufacturer of biking gears. Having this Shimano shifter on your bike means that you won’t have to worry about them breaking while you’re out on the road.
- The Giordano Libero gives you dual water bottle mounts. Once you get the hang of riding this bike, you’re going to want to ride for longer and longer. Having dual water bottle mounts just mean that you can stay hydrated throughout your entire ride.
- On a more technical note, this bike uses a thread-less alloy stem. For many users, this simply means a smoother steering system. The way this bike is set up, you can be confident to ride your way throughout your city.
Pros and Cons
- This bike is easy to assemble after buying online.
- It’s an affordable option for the quality you’re getting.
- The Libero can handle the wear and tear you put on it.
- The brakes on this bike squeak a little while they’re new.
- It’s not designed for biking anywhere else other than paved roads.
The Giordano Libero is the perfect bike for the inexperienced female biker. Buy this bike if you’re looking to build up your skills as a road biker.
2. Schwinn Women’s Phocus 1600 700C Drop Bar Road Bicycle
There’s no other women road bike that is as sophisticated as the Schwinn Phocus. Schwinn is one of the most recognizable brands when it comes to biking. With the Phocus, you’re getting both versatility and style. The Phocus is loaded with features that make it one of the top road bikes for women.
- The aluminum frame and carbon fiber road fork are unique to this bike. It not only makes it extra lightweight; it also makes it extremely agile.
- The frame is designed for comfort. It doesn’t matter how long you’re on this bike. Whether you’re on it for leisure or for business, you’ll be comfortable no matter the distance.
- You can get wide gear range with the Phocus. This means that you can take the bike on any terrain, and your bike will be able to handle it.
- The Phocus has the Shimano drivetrain integrated with Microshift. This means that you’ll never how to worry about braking power with this bike.
Pros and Cons
- It can handle the mileage you put up on it.
- This bike features an adjustable head stem for even more comfort.
- The Phocus comes with straps for pedals.
- It only makes room for one bottle cage.
- The seat angle is not adjustable, but the seat stem is.
If you’re looking for versatility in a bike, the Schwinn Phocus is the answer. You can race down a hill with it or use it every day for the commute. Get this bike if you want to do both.
3. Tour de Cure Women’s Road Bike, 700c
Built with sturdiness in mind, the Tour de Cure Womens Road Bike is perfect for the rider looking for a healthier lifestyle. While it’s a lesser-known brand for many, in the biking world, Tour de Cure is known to be one of the best. They even donate $10 to the American Diabetes Association for every sale they make.
- With Vitesse racing tires, you’ll definitely feel like a pro while riding this bike. You can put up the speed on this bike, and you’ll never lose control.
- The Tour de Cure has 21-speed options with Shimano gears. You can drop down in speed easily when needed or pick up speed just as easily as well.
- It’s very easy to assemble. You probably won’t have to worry about bringing this bike to a shop after you’ve assembled it.
- This bike has an aluminum diamond frame with a front suspension fork. It’s lightweight but the design on the frame gives it durability like no other.
Pros and Cons
- The front suspension fork will dramatically lessen the feel of bumps on the road.
- The high profile wheelset makes this bike a unique and attractive look.
- It already includes the kickstand, which is surprisingly not a common feature.
- The pedals are made of plastic, so they can break easily if not properly used.
- It’s for the more experienced rider, so it’s not really recommended for first-time users.
The Tour de Cure Women’s Road Bike promotes everything that biking does for you and your health. Get this bike if you’re looking to change your lifestyle to one that’s more active and more outdoors.
4. Vilano Women’s Classic Commuter Single Speed Road Bike
If simplicity had a name, it would be Vilano. The Classic Urban Commuter is the bike that keeps it simple yet effective at the same time. Sometimes all you need in a bike is a single gear. This classic Vilano gives you everything you could ever need in a city bike without the hassle of gear shifts and extras you might never even use.
- The Vilano uses a classic steel frame for its body. This gives the bike enough weight to support a ride through a busy city.
- The mustache design of the handlebars is coupled with some comfortable grips. You know you won’t be speeding with this bike, so it allows you to position yourself comfortably.
- It uses a caster braking system. All you would need to do to stop is to pedal backward. It’s easy and convenient.
- As the name suggests, it offers one speed. You can just enjoy your ride leisurely without having to worry about shifting gears. It also makes the bike look elegant without the added mechanisms on it.
Pros and Cons
- It comes with platform pedals and a kickstand as well.
- The handlebars are totally adjustable.
- The geometric frame allows for a smooth, comfortable ride.
- You’ll have to pedal against the wind a bit.
- It doesn’t come with any reflectors.
- Single speed bikes for women.
This bike is perfect for women looking for a leisurely ride around the city. Also, buy this bike if you’re not big into gearshifts or other mechanics.
5. Dynacraft Speed Alpine Eagle Women’s Road/Mountain Bike
This may look like just another ordinary bike, but you’d be surprised at how much the Dynacraft Speed Alpine Eagle can bring. This bike will give you the confidence you’ll need to ride against traffic or just go off-roading whenever you feel like it.
- This is a hybrid bike that can handle the road and the mountain at the same time. You’ll never have to worry about what this bike is capable of handling.
- It features 21 speeds. This can come in handy especially when you’re switching terrains. You’ll also find this feature particularly useful even when you’re on flat terrain.
- This Dynacraft features front and rear V-brakes. You can have all the control and confidence you’ll need when riding.
- For a good mountain riding experience, this bike is equipped with a steel hardtail frame. It gives you all the support you’ll need to handle all the bumps along the way.
Pros and Cons
- The saddle is padded and highly comfortable for the toughest rides.
- It’s very easy to shift between gears because of the Shimano grip shifters.
- The front shock fork and alloy rims absorb a lot of the bumps on your ride.
- It takes a little bit more time to assemble.
- The unpainted metal components can rust if not taken care of.
There aren’t a lot of hybrid bikes out there that can give the quality at an affordable price. Get this Dynacraft bike if you’re looking for comfort both on the road and off it.
6. Sixthreezero Ride in the Park Women’s 7-Speed City Bicycle
The first thing you’ll notice about this bike is just how great it looks. You’ll get attracted to it off the bat, but don’t worry because it has just the right features to match. This road bike will give you the comfort or a cruiser and the usability of a full roadster.
- It has a lightweight aluminum frame with a swooping design. You can easily step through it because of its layout.
- This Ride in the Park bicycle features double-walled rims. What this means for you is an overall smoother ride on the pavement.
- It has a Shimano 7-speed external derailleur. You can switch to any of these gears swiftly for your needs—whether you’re going for miles or just going for leisure.
- This bike uses front and rear handbrakes. Never worry about braking because it all can be controlled with your hands.
Pros and Cons
- The synthetic leather saddle is both stylish and comfortable.
- It has a storage platform just behind the seat.
- It’s one of the easiest bikes you could ever assemble.
- The gears can slip if not properly used.
- The grips may be too hard for some.
There’s a good mix of style and function with this sixthreezero bike. This is the bike you need to get if you value design and mechanics equally.
7. Raleigh Bikes Women’s Super Course Endurance Road Bike
The name of this bike says it all. This particular Raleigh women’s bike is all about endurance and capability. If you’re the type of rider that tends to put mileage on your bike, you might just have found your match with this Raleigh Super Course Endurance Road Bike.
- This bike is designed with a Chromoly steel frame. It has a classic geometric shape that will give women the comfort they need while riding.
- It offers 16 speeds using a Shimano Claris shifter. You can easily shift the gears to get through any climbs on the road.
- The Super Course uses the Brooks Cambium C17, a saddle specifically designed for women. You can guarantee a relaxing seat no matter how far you go.
- It has to detail that you’ll never find anywhere else. You can guarantee some turned heads as you ride along on this bike. It’s pretty unique.
Pros and Cons
- This bike comes partly assembled.
- It comes with standard platform pedals.
- It’s easy to pick up speed on this bike.
- You might want to bring it to the shop after assembly for a check.
- It’s a higher investment compared to other bikes.
You can finally get the endurance you’ve been looking for in a bike, and the best part about it is you can get it in style. Buy this bike already because you will not regret it.
8. Diamondback Airen Complete Disc Brake Women’s Road Bike
Diamondback is known for its quality, and the Airen Complete is a great representation of its brand. This bike is built with women in mind to accommodate for their specific geometry. It can give you the precision and the pleasure you seek when riding.
- It has a Devine Designs 7005 alloy frame. This makes for a stiff frame that’s also light to handle.
- This Diamondback uses disc brakes, as its name suggests. This is a definite improvement for braking and stopping in general.
- It features an extended range cassette. If you wanted to, you can equip this bike with extra gearing.
- The bike uses an alloy fork. This will provide you with all the stability you’ll ever need while riding.
Pros and Cons
- It comes with high-quality metal pedals.
- This bike uses Shimano Sora shifters.
- You can equip this bike with a rack and a dual bottle attachment if desired.
- It’s a bit more complicated to assemble compared to others.
- It will need a lot of adjustment before the first ride.
For the seasoned rider, there’s no better bike than this Diamondback Airen Complete. This should be your next bike buy if you feel like you need to upgrade your bike game.
9. Gama Bikes Women’s Metropole Hybrid Urban Cruiser Commuter Road Bicycle
It may look traditional, but it’s far from that. This Gama bike is the stuff of the future. It’s a hybrid cruiser, so you can take it out on the road or right on the outback. It’s faster and smoother compared to many bikes on the market.
- The Metropole uses lightweight aluminum alloy. This is exactly what makes this ride a faster and smoother ride.
- It features Shimano’s Altus 8 Speed. It provides you with the stability in shifting gears much like a 6-speed Tourney plus a little extra.
- It’s absolutely rust-resistant. You’ll never have to worry about rust breaking down your bike at all.
- It uses quality 700c wheels. This makes for better momentum and a better ride altogether.
Pros and Cons
- This bike comes partly assembled.
- It comes with all the bells and whistles: fenders, rear rack, basket, and bell
- The bike will provide you with a quiet ride.
- It will require constant professional tuning when used regularly.
- This will be difficult to ride on steep inclines.
This hybrid cruiser will let you get on any terrain you want. Get this bike because it will take you anywhere you might ever need to go.
10. Diamondback Bicycles Hannjenn Metro Women’s All-Road Bike
There’s a reason why Diamondback makes it on this list a second time. They are one of the most trusted brands in the industry. This is probably the best commuter bike on the market, and it’ll make you want to skip the car and enjoy riding for commute instead.
- This Diamondback features a fully butted alloy frame. It is light and designed to accommodate a wide range of women’s sizes and proportions.
- It has a narrower width handlebar. Most women prefer a narrower width for better steering and overall control
- This bike uses Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes. You can stop and go as needed without any issues.
- The bike has women-specific saddles. Women need the highest comforts when riding, and this bike has exactly that.
Pros and Cons
- The packaging comes with platform pedals.
- It’s an easy assembly because it already comes partly done.
- This bike can be equipped with fenders or racks.
- It isn’t advisable to take this bike off-roading at all.
- The front wheel brakes tend to interfere with the wheels.
Buy this bike if you’re looking for a city cruiser you can depend on a daily basis. There’s no other better city bike that can bring you to and from work than the Hannjenn Metro.
Things to Consider Before Buying Women Road Bikes
The first thing you’ll have to consider is your budget. Women’s bikes can range in price from around $100 to well over $1000. Average bikes will cost you around $200, but if you want better quality bicycles, you’d have to be willing to pay at least $100 to $300 more.
Remember also that quality doesn’t always reflect on price, so you can very well find a great bike that checks all the boxes for you for just under $300. The most important thing is to do your research before you buy.
2. Bicycle Type:
Next, you should consider whether you want a true roadster or a hybrid. True roadster bicycles are made to be used on paved roads only. They’re great for riding around in an urban area. Hybrid bicycles can be ridden on paved roads or taken off-road.
There are benefits to having a hybrid bicycle because you can take it on different terrains. However, it wouldn’t make sense to have one unless you plan on going mountain biking.
Consider the size of bike you will need. This will depend completely on your height. Don’t get a bike that is either too large or too small for your frame to avoid causing injury to your body. Shorter women will need shorter frames, and vice versa; taller women will need longer frames.
4. Bike Speed
Also, you can choose between a multi-speed and a single-speed bicycle. Multi-speed bikes give you the ability to switch between gears, while single-speed bikes have one leisurely speed to coast on. Having multi-speed options has its benefits. It allows you to control the difficulty of pedaling your bike.
If you live in a hilly area, it would make sense to get a bike that has multiple gears to switch from. Flatter terrains will allow you to get away with single-speed bikes, but you’ll have to work harder when you ride against stronger winds.
Other considerations can include the following:
- Does it have a comfortable saddle?
- Are the handlebars comfortable?
- Does it have other extras such as racks and bottle holders?
- How does the bike brake?
- Do you like the way the bike looks?
Why Can You Depend on Our List?
- Our list has been thoroughly researched and reviewed to give you the best road bikes on the market for this year. You can depend on our list because we’ve weighed the positives against the negatives and have given you options that we found to be the most reliable.
- With so many brands of bikes out there on the market, we’ve only listed the most trustworthy brands on this list. The bikes on this list are by no means meant to be in competition with each other. We’ve thoroughly analyzed each bike’s pros and cons to help you decide on the best bike.
- You can depend on our list because we know what women’s bikes should look like and what they should have. We wouldn’t list a bike on here that we wouldn’t go on ourselves or recommend for other women in our circle. We have given thought to every single bike on this list and have consciously picked each one.
If you were to buy a bike today, you shouldn’t hesitate to purchase any of these bikes. Many women have gotten them before you, and many will buy them after you. They are, after all, the top-selling bikes of this year. The bike buying experience doesn’t have to be a hassle or a nuisance.
It should be an enjoyable and personal experience. We’ve taken out the hassle of combing through so many different brands; all you’ll have to do is choose. One of these bikes is the perfect one for you; you just have to decide which one you’ll be riding tomorrow.