Mountain bike gloves are some of the most important parts of any biking gear. When you’re riding on Mtb trails, you want to make sure that every part of your body is protected, including your hands. This is exactly what mountain biking gloves can provide you—protection, comfort, and better performance. Using Mtb gloves can change your biking experience altogether.
Without gloves, your hands can be subjected to pain and numbing. Best Mtb gloves can dampen vibrations as a result of bumpy trails, and they can also prevent damage to your hands in case you fall. Riding your bike on MTB trails without gloves on can be a serious risk and one that you can avoid by just wearing the proper gear.
10 Best MTB Gloves Comparison
||Key Features|| Price
|Fox Racing Ranger
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
10 Best Mountain Bike Gloves In 2019
Wearing proper mtb gloves is the smartest and safest way to ride on mtb trails. One of these biking gloves will be the perfect one for you, so make sure you review each kind. This way, you can get the right pair before your next ride. We highly recommend you wear mountain biking gloves every time you’re on the trail. Otherwise, you’re only leaving yourself susceptible to getting hurt.
Out of the hundreds of Mtb gloves out there, Here we’ve listed the 10 best mountain biking gloves and the benefits they can provide your hands.
1. Fox Racing Ranger Mountain Bike Gloves
Fox is a known biking brand when it comes to quality and style. These Racing Ranger gloves provide your hands with full coverage and protection. This style also has a range of colors you can choose from, so you can match your bike or your accessories.
Features & Benefit
- These gloves have silicone grip fingertips. This will allow you to get a better hold on your handles, which in turn will result in better control altogether. It’s a big difference you’ll only notice once you put the gloves on.
- They have low profile wrist tab closure. These closures will not get in the way of your riding. They’re manufactured to help your gloves stay put.
- They feature absorbent micro-suede thumbs. For the best flexibility and durability, the absorbent micro-suede is the best option you can ever get in MTB gloves.
- The gloves use a lightweight and flexible material on the top hand. The last thing you’ll ever want to think about when you’re riding is the feeling of added weight on your hands. These gloves will make you feel as if you’re not wearing anything.
- These unpadded gloves provide enough protection.
- The gloves fit like a latex glove.
- The rubber on the fingers is perfect for the brake levers.
- The felt on the wrist is glued, not stitched.
- You can’t operate touchscreen devices with the gloves on.
Buy these gloves if you’re looking for a good unpadded option. They will provide you with all the basics you can need.
2. Trideer Ultralight Cycling Gloves
There’s not another pair of top-rated mountain bike gloves out there that can give you the capabilities of the Trideer UltraLight. With these MTB gloves on, you’ll find that riding your mountain bike will be much easier and more enjoyable.
Features & benefit
- These gloves are all-purpose gloves. You may purchase these Trideer gloves for cycling use, but you can certainly use them for other purposes as well such as bodybuilding, general exercising, or hiking among others.
- The Trideer gloves are equipped with anti-slip and shock absorption capabilities. The gloves will absorb all the unnecessary vibrations that can give your hand fatigue or cause your hand any more pain than usual.
- They have silica gel palms. These gel palms are water-resistant; you won’t have to worry about slipping either with its anti-skid functions.
- The gloves are made of breathable and durable microfiber material. You’ll have the most comfortable ride while wearing these gloves. The mesh backing allows your hands to stay dry.
- They’ll feel comfortable even on long rides.
- The half-finger option gives you more control.
- There are a wide variety of colors to choose from
- They might be difficult to take off when wet from riding.
- The half-finger option will leave half your fingers half-protected.
The Trideer Ultralight gloves are one of the best buys you can find when it comes to flexibility and durability. Buy these half-finger options especially if you’re looking for protection and flexibility at the same time.
3. VAOO Bicycling Gloves
For full-finger padded protection, you can’t go wrong with these VAOO gloves. If you’re the type of biker who likes to ride on really rough terrains or if you’re the type of biker who just likes to be protected, these gloves are the right ones for you.
- The gloves use air mesh fabrics on the back of the hand. This means that you’ll get maximum airflow on your hands to prevent sweat from building up and to provide you with the utmost comfort.
- The palm material features a padded single layer of AX suede. You’ll get an excellent grip with these things, and they’ll even prevent pain from building up due to extended riding.
- It has neoprene knuckles and silicone fingerprints. These silicone fingerprints add even more grip to these gloves, and the neoprene knuckles will give you more than enough flexibility.
- The gloves use an adjustable Velcro wrist tab closure. It will not only keep your glove secure and in place; it’ll also provide you with extra comfort.
- The gloves come with a stylus pen.
- You’ll get full protection with the gel pads without the feeling of thickness.
- These gloves will work well in hot or cold weather.
- The Velcro may come off easily if you’re not careful.
- You won’t be able to use your touchscreen device with these gloves on.
For extra protection without the discomfort of too much padding, these VAOO MTB gloves are the way to go. Buy these gloves if you ride all year round and want protection throughout.
4. Mountain Break Cycling Gloves
There’s a possibility that bike riders might want their gloves to be used in other sports activities as well. If you fit in this category, then these Mountain Break gloves will be perfect for you. They offer you all the benefits of MTB gloves plus more.
- Made with a combination of Lycra and mesh, these gloves offer ample flexibility and breathability as well. Your hands will never feel suffocated while you have these gloves on during your ride.
- These gloves feature 3-zone padding. For the best comfort, these gloves have enough padding to absorb the shocks and bumps on the trail. Your hands will also feel less pain and be numbing when you have these gloves on.
- These Mountain Break gloves are designed to be slip-resistant. You’ll have enough grips on your handles when you wear these gloves, and you’ll never have to worry about slipping whatsoever.
- The gloves are equipped with a sticky Velcro buckle. Just be confident that these gloves will never slip off of your hands during your ride. The Velcro will make sure that they stay put without fidgeting around while you’re biking.
- These gloves have finger pulls for easy removal.
- You have half-finger coverage for easy and comfortable handling.
- You can use these gloves for other sporting activities as well.
- The seams may fray and unravel due to extensive rides.
- Some might find the padding insufficient for tougher rides.
If you want gloves that can give you versatility, these Mountain Break gloves are a great option for buying. You can use one glove for all your activities and still be protected adequately.
5. HTZPLOO Bike Gloves
These gloves surely have a unique look to them. Not only are they functional; they’re also very stylish both for women and men. The glove design also comes in different colors to match your preferences. There are many features of these sports gloves that you might find useful.
- These gloves have shock-absorbing pads. They offer your hands the ultimate protection and the best relief from what otherwise will be an unavoidable pain. You don’t have to settle for anything else.
- HTZPLOO uses anti-slip silicone gel on the palms. Having this feature will allow you to get a better grip on your handles, helping you avoid slippage and accidents in the long run. They also act as extra padding for your palm.
- The back is made out of Lycra. This material is soft and smooth on the surface of the biking gloves, allowing the gloves a little bit more flexibility than usual. It also helps that they’re very comfortable on the skin.
- It has an adjustable Velcro closure. For maximum riding confidence, you can rely on this feature to allow you to just focus on your ride and not on your hands.
- It has finger loops that make them incredibly easy to take off.
- The thumb area has a towel finish to help wipe the sweat off.
- The material conforms to your hand shape, making it feel completely skin-like.
- The connectors on the fingers might be uncomfortable to some.
- With half of the fingers exposed, you only get half the protection when biking.
You should buy these gloves if you don’t want to compromise on the look, the quality, or the functionality. These gloves will give you everything you need.
6. INBIKE Cycling Gloves
If you’re looking for a sportier look in MTB gloves, look no further than this INBIKE Cycling Gloves. These half-finger gloves will give you the flexibility you need to maneuver through the most difficult mountain bike trails there are out there.
- These gloves are made of elastic Lycra and knitted mesh fabric. This provides elasticity and breathability at the same time. You’ll need those to feel comfortable during your extended rides.
- The INBIKE gloves feature extra padding on the palm using thickened EVA. This will provide the extra shock absorption you need during your bumpiest rides. It will make for an easier and less-grueling riding experience altogether.
- The inside part of the gloves is made of terry cloth. This will not only help absorb or wipe sweat; this material is also highly durable. This is something that’ll help your gloves last longer.
- These gloves have low-profile Velcro closures. Located on the wrist areas, these closures make sure that your gloves stay put and don’t become a nuisance to you while you’re riding.
- These gloves can be suitable for biking in any season—summer or winter.
- The gel pad covers more palm areas than usual, providing more protection.
- These gloves are made to last for a long time.
- The gloves will feel a little snug when trying to take them off.
- The closure may be too big for some.
For maximum palm protection, you can’t do any better than these INBIKE gloves. The padding on these cycling gloves is some of the best in the market.
7. FIRELION Unisex Outdoor Gel Touch Screen Cycling Gloves
For a sleek way of protecting your hands while you bike on mountain biking trails, the FIRELION brand of bike gloves is the way to go. These full-finger gloves feature everything that you can look for in a bike glove.
- These gloves are made with microfiber. This soft material is also durable enough to protect you through the toughest terrains. With full-finger coverage, you’ll avoid nicks and cuts you might otherwise acquire from branches or rocks.
- The FIRELION uses a reinforced micro matrix synthetic leather palm. It’s supple yet tough enough to handle multiple users. These gloves will surely last you a while, even if you use it extensively.
- The gloves feature a wipe function. The thumb part on each glove is made with an absorbent material, which you can use to wipe the sweat off your brows while you ride.
- These gloves come in a couple of color choices. As sleek as the black gloves are, you can choose between red or neon green accents to either match your gear or stand out in the dark.
- The gloves are equipped to relieve any pain or fatigue you might get from biking.
- The gloves have a touchscreen feature that allows you to use your devices even with them on.
- The materials of the gloves are completely breathable.
- These gloves are suitable for only the spring or fall seasons.
- The gloves will come a little tight on your hands.
If you need better protection during the spring or fall months, buy these FIRELION gloves to get the most out of your MTB experience.
8. NEXTOUR Cycling Gloves
If you’re looking for a simple pair of gloves that will give you the best protection with little fringes, these NEXTOUR gloves should work for you. These MTB gloves are equipped with just what you would need for a great bike ride.
- These gloves are made with Lycra and knitted mesh fabric. With these materials, you’ll be getting flexibility and breath-ability like no other. You’ll never have to worry about your hands feeling constricted with these gloves on.
- The NEXTOUR gloves feature an adjustable sticky Velcro closure. You can guarantee that your gloves will feel secure on your hands and that it will never feel like its slipping off while you’re riding your bike.
- The thumb parts of each glove feature an absorbent microfiber material. The main purpose of this feature is to allow you to conveniently wipe off the sweat from your face as you ride through a trail.
- These gloves feature powerful shock absorption protection. This will reduce the vibrations from the trail, especially extremely rocky and bumpy ones, and they will ultimately prevent hand fatigue.
- The gloves have a pull tab at the end for easy removal.
- The mesh cloth on the surface allows your skin to breathe through the gloves.
- The bike gloves can be used for other sports activities as well.
- The padding on the gloves can get worn out fairly quickly depending on the length of your rides.
- The threads on the finger loops can come apart easily.
Sometimes simple is the way to go, and if that’s what you’re looking for, there’s no better glove for you than this NEXTOUR pair.
9. Zookki Cycling Gloves
There are no other MTB gloves that look as cool as the Zookki brand. With four different colors to choose from, these gloves have a splotch design that’s both striking and unique. They also have a lot of features that will benefit you on your MTB ride.
- These gloves have a silica gel pad. The material also has enough gel padding to absorb the shock from your rides. They’re guaranteed to prevent numbness and make you as comfortable as possible.
- The Zookki gloves are made with a mesh cloth and Lycra fabric. This offers maximum breathability. The gloves are also moisture-wicking and extremely flexible. Even as you’re sweating through on your MTB ride, your hands will never feel weighed down at all.
- The fabric on the palm is slip-proof. This is important while you’re riding because you’ll never want your hands to slip on the handles while you’re riding. Not only can that be dangerous; it can be extremely uncomfortable as well.
- The thumbs are designed with a terry cloth material. You will be glad to have this option to wipe your brows while you’re in the middle of heavy MTB riding. There’s nothing worse than getting your sweat into your eyes.
- There’s reflective piping on the glove that will give you optimum visibility during night rides.
- These gloves are easy to clean by hand. If you want them in the wash, simply put them in a mesh bag to prevent deformation.
- The quality stitching on the gloves will completely prevent fraying.
- The pull loops available on these are too flimsy.
- The gloves tend to come small in size.
These Zookki gloves will satisfy most of your MTB glove needs. If you’ve never ridden with gloves before, buy these and find out what a difference they can make.
10. Huwaih Cycling Gloves
No one on the trail will miss you with these bright MTB gloves. While that’s an awesome feature to have, especially for night rides, these gloves offer more than just their colors. You’ll find everything you could ever need in gloves with the HuwaiH brand.
- These HuwaiH gloves are made with high elastic Lycra combined with mesh fabric. They’re not only some of the most comfortable gloves you can find; they’ll also provide your hands with maximum breathability.
- These gloves use a sticky Velcro closure to keep the gloves in place. You’ll never have to worry about your gloves slipping off your hands while you’re in the middle of your MTB ride.
- With three gel palm pads, you can be guaranteed superior shock absorption. Don’t ever worry about your hands going numb during your ride. These gloves will absorb all the bumps on the trail and keep your hands feeling great.
- The thumb areas of the gloves are made of absorbent material. You no longer need to stuff a towel somewhere on your body or on your bike just so you can wipe your sweat while you ride. That’s what this thumb material can offer you.
- The palm area has a durable fabric that allows your glove to handle even the most extensive rides.
- These gloves are easy to put on or take off even in the middle of a ride.
- The quality you’ll get for these gloves’ affordability is incredible.
- The sizing for these gloves could be off.
- Some might feel that the gel padding is not thick enough.
If you’re looking for affordability and quality, these HuwaiH gloves will be all you’ll need. Buy these gloves before your next ride, and you’ll be glad you did.
Things To Consider About Best Mountain Biking Gloves
Full or half finger coverage
The first thing you’ll have to consider is whether you need full or half-finger coverage. There are benefits to either one, but the most important thing you need to think about your protection and comfort. Some people might not be comfortable wearing full-finger gloves, but these gloves also provide the most protection you can get. If not according to your preferences, at least take into consideration the MTB trails that you go to. For trails that have a lot of trees or rocks, you might want to consider covering your entire hand.
Next, you want to consider the type of materials your gloves will be made of. You’ll want gloves that can help your hands breathe even through all the sweat. You’ll never want your hands to feel constricted while you’re driving. You also want to make sure that your gloves have enough shock absorption capabilities for the type of riding you’ll be doing.
Another consideration you might overlook is the weather. There are gloves that you can only wear during certain weather. Summer gloves are usually less thick, while winter gloves provide more warmth. You can find gloves that can accommodate any weather, so if you plan to bike all year round, those might be good options. Otherwise, you can have gloves specific to the weather that you’ll be biking in.
Also, consider the sizing of your gloves. You must know the size of your hands, so you can buy the correct size gloves. Different brands also have different sizing, so make sure that you read the fine print. You don’t want gloves that are too small because they will restrict the blood flow into your hands. At the same time, you wouldn’t want gloves that are too loose either because they’ll either be uncomfortable or completely slip off while you’re riding.
Here are a few other things you should consider:
- Are the closures efficient and comfortable?
- Are the gloves easy to put on and take off?
- Do the gloves offer enough grips to prevent slipping?
- Do the gloves have touchscreen capabilities?
- Will the gloves offer you visibility at night?
Your hands may be one of the most overlooked parts of your body when it comes to biking protection, yet they are also one of the most important when it comes to riding your bike. Especially on rough MTB trails, just brushing against tree branches can hurt your hands.
The skin and muscles around your hands and fingers are thinner compared to the rest of your body, and they need ample protection every time you ride. Protect your hands by wearing any one of these mountain biking gloves, and you can guarantee a more enjoyable, more comfortable, safer, and better MTB ride altogether.
Related Bike Accessories